About Small Learning Communities
- Newtown High School is organized into 6 SLCs
- Each SLC has its own theme and a dedicated Assistant Principal, Guidance Counselor, and team of teachers.
The goal of SLCs is to afford more individual attention for students and make students more well-known by staff and fellow students in a more personal atmosphere.
- For ninth-graders, non-ELL (English Language Learners) students will choose which SLC they'll want to belong to for the remainder of their High School Career in the spring.
Small Learning Communities Overview:
- Ninth Grade Academy
- Newtown Business Academy
- Engineering ACES
- Arts and Media
- Math, Science, and Forensics
- International Pioneers
All Students Can Still Join or Participate In:
- Advanced Placement, Honors, and College Now Courses
- Clubs and Teams
About Ninth Grade:
- All ninth-graders (who aren't ELL students) are automatically enrolled in the Ninth Grade Academy.
- In the spring, they'll chose what SLC they want to be apart of for the remainder of their high school career at Newtown High School