- The English Department provides a rigorous education to ensure students are ready to pass the regents, score high on the SATs, and develop critical reading and writing skills.
- There's a wide range of courses for students of all levels with honors, College Now, and Advanced Placement.
- Our teachers also host numerous after school enrichment programs such as The Drama Club, The Newspaper Club, The Comic-Con Club, and The Book Club. Many of of these clubs offer students a fun outlet and opportunity for creative expression in the arts and has the potential to provide students with leadership roles that are beneficial to their college resumes.
Meet the English Department:
To learn about each course, visit the courses tab of this page.
- English 9 (Honors)
- English 10 (Honors)
- English 11 (Honors)
- English 12 (Honors)
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- College Now: Reading the Biography (Fall)
- College Now: Literacy and Propaganda (Spring)
- College Now: Public Speaking (Fall)
- College Now: Critical Thinking (Spring)
- Heroes Through Film (Elective)
- Speech and Rhetoric (Ninth-Grade Elective)
- Students take four years (8 credits) of English courses to graduate with a Regents Diploma.
- Students must also pass English Language Arts regents with at least a 65%